Porterfolio, Inc., is the firm of award-winning graphic designer Carolyn Porter. For more than twenty years — seventeen of those as a freelance designer — Carolyn has helped clients inform, engage, and inspire their audience using high-quality, strategic graphic design.
Some clients hire Carolyn when the scale or timeline of a project would overwhelm their internal design team; other clients do not have design resources on staff or do not have designers with the right kind of project experience. In either case, she excels at helping clients distill complex messages into easy-to-use and easy-to-understand tools. Whether it’s a brochure, a technical report, an interactive document — or something else entirely — she is known for developing thoughtful, intelligent solutions that combine compelling messages, engaging copy, and custom design elements. All projects are backed by expert production and thorough project management.
Carolyn graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Wisconsin–Stout with a concentration in graphic design. She studied a semester at Middlesex University in London, and after graduation returned to England to live and work. She briefly lived in Texas, too, but now calls Minnesota home (which means she’s equally fluent in the phrases “all y’all” and “yous guys”).
Carolyn seeks to collaborate with clients on:
– Employee/audience engagement materials
– New product or service launch materials
– Product and service sales and marketing materials
– Product user guides
– Publication design
– Scientific reports
– Technical collateral, especially for the medical and financial industries
– Technology implementation materials
– Alerus Financial
– Boston Scientific
– Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness
– Hamline University
– Nonin Medical
– Prime Mortgage
– Residential Mortgage Group
– St. Catherine University
– The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra
– The Saint Paul Foundation
– Tactile Medical
– Travelers Insurance
– White Bear Lake Area Historical Society
– A growing number of small businesses
Want to discuss a project?
Call Carolyn at 651.653.1423 or send an email to email@example.com
Visit Carolyn’s personal website to learn more about her book Marcel’s Letters: A Font and the Search for One Man’s Fate.